Breakfast/conference chef - work available
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced breakfast/conference chef in the award-winning Monaco Kitchen restaurant at the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco; always a popular favourite with Nelson locals, tourists and events visitors alike.
The Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco | Monaco Kitchen is a popular choice for locals and tourists to dine, and for conferences, events and wedding function guests.
Reporting to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef you will demonstrate relevant breakfast service and function experience. You will have the ability to create inspiring and delicious food that highlights the bounty of the Nelson/Tasman region.
- running your own section to ensure a smooth service
- cooking for a la carte and buffet breakfast service, room service and functions/events catering
- prepare mise en place, ensuring there are adequate levels for service
- food preparation and presentation as per recipes and hotel standards
- assist in maintaining food costs
- assist in ordering stock, and at times liaise with suppliers
- working with a small team to produce quality dishes
- maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment
- flexible approach in adapting to guest needs
- assist in driving service standards to ensure the highest level of service execution is achieved
- hands on throughout all periods and areas of the kitchen brigade
- Ability to work well in a busy environment, while maintaining high standards a positive attitude and great energy
- Flexibility of availability – able to work days/evenings/weekend
- Min. 2 years experience in a similar kitchen role with experience of a la carte and functions service
- excellent understanding of food hygiene guidelines, e.g. HACCP, Food Safety Plan
- Exceptional organisational and guest service delivery skills
- A basic understanding of the financial aspects of managing this area, including menu design (alongside the Executive Chef and team)
- Immaculate personal presentation and attention to details
- Hotel experience – preferably 4 or 5 star (would be an advantage)
Note: only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.
Applications for this position close Friday, 15 December 2017.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com