The Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco is currently recruiting for chefs.
The Monaco Kitchen | Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco is now seeking experienced applicants for Chef de Partie position to assist us over our busy summer season; this position is available for immediate start.
Reporting to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, responsibilities will include:
- running your own section to ensure a smooth service
- cooking for a la carte, buffet, room service and functions
- prepare mise en place, ensuring there are adequate levels for service
- food preparation and presentation as per recipes and hotel standards
- assist in maintaining food costs
- assist in ordering stock, and at times liaise with suppliers
- working with a small team to produce quality dishes
- maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment
- flexible approach in adapting to guest needs.
- minimum 2 yrs experience in a similar role, must have worked in a fast paced commercial kitchen environment – you need to be hardworking and with a “get stuck in” attitude
- excellent understanding of food hygiene guidelines, e.g. HACCP, Food Safety Plan
- a passion for food
- ability to work shifts including weekends and public holidays.
- excellent time management skills
- reliability and punctuality
- ability to work with your colleagues in a respectful and cohesive manner
- applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Note: only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.
Applications (cv and covering letter) should be sent to:
Jay Olsen, Executive Chef (03) 547 0792