For the best sunset spots, follow former staff member Emily on her perfect Nelson weekend and get to know her top six local favourites.
“I love having a walk about hunting for that perfect sunset shot, and finishing up with dinner in the City.”
Emily’s top picks:
- Berry picking at Berrylands on a summer's day followed by their famous real fruit ice creams
- Kaiteriteri Beach. Sun, Sand, Walks, Kayaking, Paddleboarding – it has it all!
- Walks around Monaco Point gets me every time! When you think the view has gone keep going to the top of the point and it’s all there waiting for you. Take a jacket though – it gets pretty cold!
- Head to Tahuna Beach for a sunset walk to really appreciate its beauty
- Free tour at the local Pic's Peanut Butter Factory where you get to make your own peanut butter – a great outing for the kids! It get’s very busy so bookings are required.
- Burger Culture has a great range of burgers that are cheap and tasty – you don’t want to miss out on Nelson's go to burger joint!
View this post on Instagram
Emily’s tip: Out for a quick bite? @burgerculturenz has a great range of burgers that are cheap and tasty. Try the Dirty Frayna, a personal favourite, or pop in for a takeaway doughnut – you don’t want to miss out on Nelson's go to burger place!⠀ .⠀ #monacofavourites #topofthesouthtips #teammonacoresort
She enjoys walks around Nelson City, dinner and drinks with friends and taking in those sunsets/sunrises!
Emily is now following her professional dream and is training to be an accountant. We wish her all the best for her future career and she will be sadly missed by the team at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco.
For more local tips follow on Instagram @teammonaco_resort