Discover Nelson walks like a local, follow staff member Maria for her top walks and lunch spots.
“I moved from England with my husband and two kids to settle in Nelson 14years ago, I now call Nelson home. Nelson never fails to amaze me with its breathtaking views, friendly atmosphere, local wines and beers and brilliant festivals.”
Maria’s top picks:
- A summer's day out at the Nelson Wine and Food Festival in Brightwater held annually in February
- Walk at Rabbit Island beach, just a 20min drive from Monaco
- Walking up The Hackett in Aniseed Valley to Whispering Falls
- A day out experiencing the Abel Tasman National Park
- Lunch at JellyFish Cafe on Mapua wharf, with a good glass of wine
- Staying at the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco
- Dinner at The Monaco Kitchen
- Lunch at River Kitchen in Nelson City
She enjoys family walks on Rabbit Island, lunch with a view and local wine.
For more local tips follow @teammonaco_resort